June 18, 2011

She is a mother

Originally published on January 2008

Her lavender hair covers me in golden morning sun
She comes with the flavor of darjeeling tea
I grasp her tight, I am still in dreams
She pats me gently on my back, I know she is curious.

I haste through my shower, it's terribly cold, the water is colder
I get a shiver on my spine, the water is frosty and cutting
She tinkles to make sure the hot water flowing all right
I sneak out half done with my job, as always.

She forces my savory lunch into my carrier unstruggling
I rush out to the traffic outside, devalued, delayed by minutes
Her face grilled, curious and concerned
Yet wearing the most adorable smile.

It stays with me all through the day
Through the bleakness, through the sun
Through the falsities of the big bad world
The smile is but a magic wand, troubleshooting the unpleasantness.

I come back to the tranquil lap, she soothes me of all that do not matter.
She never retires, she is there always, no time out for her
She is my mom, she is our mother
She is a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment